Episode 19 –
Inflation & Your Retirement
Episode 19 – Inflation & Your Retirement
For today’s episode we are going to talk about how inflation can affect your investments. It would be rare for any of us to watch the news and not hear about the current inflation we have going on in the US right now. COVID-19 had a huge impact on our economy since the pandemic began and in this episode we will dive into how inflation is related to our economy and our investments. Tune in to hear more on this episode of When Good Things Happen.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [02:00] Tom explains and describes inflation in simple terms in relation to our economy
- [06:00] Pull & push inflation relating directly to supply and demand and how that affects the economy
- [13:00] Covid relief money and how it has impacted the economy
- [18:00] Consumer Price Index and how it measures inflation
- We’ve been through periods of time like this before, but we are all in a different place in our lives. At this point in time we’re going to see market volatility. We’ve seen that so far in 2022, and it’s expected to continue.
- One of the problems we have now, Is that the inflation that we’re experiencing is not necessarily naturally occurring.
- From an investment standpoint, inflation and rising costs and the devaluing of the dollar all create the same kind of problem. The higher costs and the high inflation can be compounded with significant stock market losses, so a conservative approach is probably pretty wise for most.
Three Bridges Financial Group is an independent financial services firm that utilizes a variety of investment and insurance products. Investment advisory services offered only by duly registered individuals through AE Wealth Management, LLC (AEWM). AEWM and Three Bridges Financial Group are not affiliated companies. Investing involves risk, including the potential loss of principal. Any references to protection, safety or lifetime income, generally refer to fixed insurance products, never securities or investments. Insurance guarantees are backed by the financial strength and claims paying abilities of the issuing carrier. This podcast is intended for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be used as the sole basis for financial decisions, nor should it be construed as advice designed to meet the particular needs of an individual’s situation. Three Bridges Financial Group is not permitted to offer and no statement made during this show shall constitute tax or legal advice. Our firm is not affiliated with or endorsed by the U.S. Government or any governmental agency. The information and opinions contained herein provided by third parties have been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, but accuracy and completeness cannot be guaranteed by Three Bridges Financial Group.