Episode 07 – THIS IS JEOPARDY! 5 time Champion Alan Dunn talks strategy with Tom
Alan Dunn is a 25 year resident of Johns Creek, GA, and is a five-time champion on Jeopardy! Appearing on Jeopardy was a lifelong dream of his. Alan talks about his journey of trying out for the show, getting the big call, and how it worked when he showed up. Something people don’t realize is that Jeopardy is on your own dime. You pay for your own airfare, hotel, and meals. Later, Alan speaks about getting invited to the Tournament of Champions. Tune in for Tom’s financial tip of the day about inflation!
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [02:10] Alan talks about his journey to his lifelong dream of getting on the show.
- [15:55] Alan got the big call: he was accepted to appear on Jeopardy!
- [29:20] One year later, Alan was invited back for the Tournament of Champions.
- [36:05] After appearing on Jeopardy, Alan was able to reunite with a lot of old friends and family members.
- [37:30] Tom’s financial tip of the day: inflation is real! If you have money sitting around, then you need to do something with it.
- People don’t realize that Jeopardy is on your own dime. You pay for your own airfare, hotel, and meals.
- Depending on where you come from, you may break even or even lose money by appearing on Jeopardy.
- Jeopardy knowledge is a mile wide and an inch deep. You have to know a little bit of everything to succeed on Jeopardy.
- The best way to prepare for being on Jeopardy is to watch a lot of Jeopardy.
Alan Dunn is a 25 year resident of Johns Creek, GA, and was a five-time champion on Jeopardy! in October 2018 and a Quarterfinalist in the Jeopardy! Tournament of Champions in November 2019. He retired in 2020 after 40 years with AT&T. He and his wife Kim have three grown sons, one grandson, and a rescue puppy named Augie.
Three Bridges Financial Group is an independent financial services firm that utilizes a variety of investment and insurance products. Investment advisory services offered only by duly registered individuals through AE Wealth Management, LLC (AEWM). AEWM and Three Bridges Financial Group are not affiliated companies. Investing involves risk, including the potential loss of principal. Any references to protection, safety or lifetime income, generally refer to fixed insurance products, never securities or investments. Insurance guarantees are backed by the financial strength and claims paying abilities of the issuing carrier. This podcast is intended for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be used as the sole basis for financial decisions, nor should it be construed as advice designed to meet the particular needs of an individual’s situation. Three Bridges Financial Group is not permitted to offer and no statement made during this show shall constitute tax or legal advice. Our firm is not affiliated with or endorsed by the U.S. Government or any governmental agency. The information and opinions contained herein provided by third parties have been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, but accuracy and completeness cannot be guaranteed by Three Bridges Financial Group.